Friday, February 7, 2014

Tip: Feeling Down

Feeling a bit down in the dump???

When you are feeling down in the dump there are some simple things that you can do to make yourself feel better.

One thing that I have done in the past and still do today is journal.  Specifically I make notes of nice things I have said about people to them in my journal.  I start to make a specific point to make sure that I say something nice to someone in the day.  I also make note of anything nice that someone has said about me or anything nice they have done for me in the day.  

This seems simple and elementery, however if you are feeling down about yourself, life, friends, work etc. this can really turn things around.  So often when we are feeling down in the dumps we are just really being self-centered and self-confused.  We aren't focusing on the great things that are happening around us.  We are fixating on the negative and often fixating on ourselves too much.

So when you are feeling lost, lonely, and down in the dumps.  Start to write three nice things that you have said about someone else.  And write three things that someone has said about your or has done for you.  This will show you in a factual way how bad things really aren't.

Check out my blog on how to jazz up your down journal!!

http://sarahdozamommalove.blogspot.com/2013/12/diy-journal.html

No comments:

Post a Comment