Saturday, February 2, 2013

Workout Review

Finding time to workout can be a challenge.

I have a gym membership which I use to attend.  However with such a young baby, and breast feeding I haven’t been going.  Kinda a sad excuse but I feel more comfortable not thinking that I might bleed through my nursing pad at the gym.  Additionally, I just haven’t been able to get away from my beautiful baby boy.  Additionally, not as important but still a factor, I have in terrible shape.  It is crazy how your abs seem to disappear during pregnancy and my cardiovascular health was in the pits.

So for cardiovascular health I am walking.  I walk 2 miles or I walk 1 mile with weights on my legs (just depends on the amount of time I have).  These workouts have been good.  I feel tired and like I am actually burning calories.  Soon enough I will be back running.  More on that down the road.

More importantly, for strength training, I found a great video with a terrific routine I would like to share:


<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W9ucbo_fx64" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It is a good all around workout.  I feel that it hits total body, easy to find time for, and a “get back into some kind of shape” workout.

Let me know what you use for at-home workouts.  I would love to know what other people are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment