Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sleep?...Yes Please

2013-06-02 20.38.57.jpg

Sleeping babies…how to get there.


I am by no means an expert on how to get babies to sleep.  I do recommend the book The Happiest Baby on the Block .  There are a lot of great tips on how to sooth a crying baby and how to get them to sleep longer.  However I have had a couple experiences lately that I thought I would share.  Remy has always slept well for his age, but we were starting to see that he wasn’t sleeping through the night as he approached 6 months.  Both my husband and I did when we were his age, so we started to think…What gives?  Well Remy is his own person and that plays a role of course.  From day one Remy didn’t want to sleep in his co-sleeper or in his bassinette.  He slept well in his crib.  We have been going on for months with him sleeping in his crib.  No biggie.  Well, I have been getting very tired of waking up at night and had to figure something out.  So, we tried having him sleep in bed with me without a co-sleeper.  Wouldn’t you know the little guy slept all through the night.  What a terrific feeling.  Rudy and I have found that whenever we try something new, sometimes it is just the new scenery that make the difference.  Remy might feel more secure with me next to him, or warmer because he is sleeping on a comforter, or more cuddled because he is on the comforter.  What the reason is we don’t know, but trying something new made the difference.  As long as it is safe for your baby (I know some of you will think not using a co-sleeper is unsafe for Remy) try something new.  It doesn’t always make sense, but mixing things up can sometimes get you the result you want.  So as a parent be willing to try something new with you kids.  You never know what the result will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment