Saturday, June 8, 2013

Travel

Separation anxiety….what the heck.


I am right now on a flight to Winnipeg for work.  I use to really enjoy these excursions but right now all I can think about is my baby boy.  It is funny how the mind works.  While I am away from him at work all day and on the rare occasion I am not home until 7-8pm but I cope.  Right now I am not coping well because I know that I wont see him tonight.  I wont see him tomorrow etc etc.
How to deal?  Well there are all kinds of different coping mechanisms but there really isn’t anything that will take away the desire.  I miss my little guy, and I will miss him until I see him again in a couple days.  But alas in order to occupy my mind and not dwell on the missing, I am keeping myself busy.  Busy by typing out this blog, busy by watching a movie and busy by chatting in up with my co-workers.  
But when I am missing him extra, I am simply checking out a picture of my sweet boy.  Thinking about all the sweet sounds he makes, and thinking about how he looks like an angel when he sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment