Thursday, January 24, 2013

Footstool DIY

Simple problem simple solution.

I have a wonderful rocking chair given to me by my parents.  It is an amazing heirloom (5 generations old).  I love rocking my son to sleep in it.  There is just one thing that would make it easier and that is a footstool.  I have to keep my ankles flexed when I am rocking and just a couple inches of support would really help.  So I decided to use some of the things around the house to make a footstool.  Here is what I did:

1.) Took an old drawer that didn’t belong to anything and turned it upside down.
2.) I padded the told with batting
3.) Wrapped the drawer with fabric and stapled the fabric into place

I don’t have any great plans for the drawer front but this has worked great for me.  I am a little more relaxed and comfortable while rocking my son to sleep. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment